Friday, October 7, 2011

A new life

On September 19th at 2:24pm I gave birth to my third child. He was 8 lbs.11 oz. Bigger than my first, smaller than my second. His name is Finnegan. The last couple months of the pregnancy were hard physically and emotionally, so I wasn't good about blogging. However, I was good about continuing the decluttering process.

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to say that I accomplished decluttering my entire home. During the process I got rid of 40+ garbage bags full of items. I'm not talking about trash either! Of course I am always having to watch what comes in my home (a couple Burger King toys have made their way into the boys' room, dammit!). I am (re)going through my kitchen currently. Not a whole lot is going except food items, which makes the initial decluttering feel as though it was a success.

Life has changed dramatically. The thought of adding another child to my family felt overwhelming, but with the decluttering done my life is actually easier now than it was about 6 months ago when I started this process. I can sit and relax now, something I was unable to do before. I can clean rooms in 10 minutes, whereas before it would take me a couple hours. My kids play with their few toys a lot more now and aren't bored nearly as much. They were overwhelmed before, just as I was.

I have been able to focus on projects like cleaning windows or decorating rooms I didn't have time for before.

I can do my dishes in 5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES.

I plan to write more about the process soon, but am giving myself some time to enjoy my new baby and make sure I give my other 2 kiddos the special attention they need during this time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment